Economy of Jamshedpur
There are a number of Tata companies and factories in Jamshedpur which belong to the Tata's. These industries have, no doubt, contributed to the economy of Jamshedpur. Tata is known not only for employing people but also looking after them like a family. The group has uplifted the quality of life, education, sports and health of people residing here by going beyond the required scope of Corporate Social Responsibility. The city owes its name to the founder Sri Jamshetji Nusserwanji Tata. Every year Jamshedpur shines with decorative and colorful lights on 3rd March in honour of the founder in fond remembrance.
Adityapur Industrial Area:
Located at a distance of about 8 km from Tatanagar railway station, it is one of the largest industrial hubs in India after NOIDA This industrial area is home to small and medium scale in industries. AIADA (Adityapur Industrial Area Development Authority) is the governing body of the region.
National Metallurgical Laboratory:
Research in NML (National Metallurgical Laboratory) is focused on minerals and metals. It is a premier organization and has many mineral benefaction protocols, strategic and substitute alloy developments and other industrial solutions to its credit.
Confederation of India Industry:
CII (Confederation of India Industry) Jharkhand Council organizes training programmes, conferences, seminars and workshops on manufacturing, Agro & Food Processing, Environment, Mining & Coal, Social Development & Community Affairs, Behavioral Skills & Information Technology. It has come up with the concept of CII Vision document : Jharkhand @ 2022, a Sustainable Vision document encompassing hope & aspiration of the people of Jharkhand.It aims for sustainable development and growth of the state.
Names of Industrial Enterprises in Jamshedpur:
- JMT Auto Ltd. manufactures automobile spare parts such as gears and shafts, axle pins, pistons. Shifter sleeves, rings, carriers and drums.
- Golcha Enterprises supplies ammonium compounds, pharmaceutical product, minerals, alloys, industrial gases, pathological and foundry chemicals, medical as well as laboratory instruments and ferro alloys.
- Anmoul Web Solutions is a leading software company catering to web designing, web application development as well as web hosting.
- Usha Martin Limited (UML) manufactures of a large variety of steel that enjoys heavy demand in industry. It is located in Gamariha near Jamshedpur. Produces steel wire, steel strand, steel cords, bright bar and steel wire ropes.
- Vemcon Industries deals with the production of microprocessor chips as well as printing devices, coolers and power supplies.
- BOC (British Oxygen Company) Gases is one of Asia's largest ASUs (Air Separation plants) and produces all types of Industrial and Process gases such as liquefied oxygen, nitrogen, argon etc.
- Praxair is an American company which produces industrial and process gases such as oxygen, nitrogen and argon for industrial purposes.
- Steel and Wire Products Limited (ISWP) manufactures wire rods, cast iron and steel based rolls and has its plant in Telco colony, Jamshedpur.
- Uranium corporation of India (UCIL) is into mining of Uranium and processing. UCIL mines are located in nearby places like Jaduguda, Narwapahar and Turamdih.
Other industries in Jamshedpur:
- Jamshedpur Engineering and Machine Manufacturing Company Limited.
- The Indian Oxygen and Acetylene Company Limited.Indian Cable Company Limited
- National Metallurgical Laboratory.
- Indian Tube Company Limited
- TATA Engineering and Locomotive Company Limited.
- The Tinplate Company of India Limited
- TATA Motors Jamshedpur
- TATA Power.
- Lafarge Cement.