Investment in Jamshedpur
Adityapur Industrial Area Development Authority:
|AIADA Control Area ||33,970 acres(53 sq. miles) |
|Total allotted land ||2609.79 acres |
|Plots ||1365 |
|Sheds ||142 |
|Direct Employment ||Includes 11,550 locals & tribals 27,900 |
|Average Annual Production ||Rs.3,550 crores |
Large industries in Adityapur Industrial Area:
- Caparo Engg. India Pvt. Ltd.
- Dipali Enterprises (Forging) Phone: 9334621048,0657-2372303
- Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd.(L.P.G. Bottling Plant)
- Indian Oil Corp. Ltd.(L.P.G. Bottling Plant)
- JMT Auto Ltd.(Gears,Shafts,etc.)
- Jusco Power Substation (Electricity Distribution) Phone: 66456602,0657-2146000
- Jost India Auto Components Pvt. Ltd.(Wheel Coupling)
- Power Grid Corp. of India (Power Sub-Station)
- RSB Transmission (I) Ltd.(Machining Cooler)
- Ramkrishna Forging Ltd.(Forging & Machining)
- Ring Rolling Mills.
- Shah Hitech Auto Alcast Co. Pvt Ltd.(Engine Parts, Motor Vehicles Parts)
- Tata Rolls Ltd.( Iron & Steel Casting, Rolls for Steel Plants)
- Tisco Growth Shop (Spares For Steel Plant, Reconditioning for Coke Oven Machine)
- Usha Martin Ind. Ltd.( Billet,M.S.Wire)
Medium Sector Industries In Adityapur Industrial Area:
- A. S. L. Motors Pvt. Ltd. (Tata Indica Servicing & Repairing) Phone:0657-2480150
- Anjana Minerals (P) Ltd.(Fire Bricks Of Different Shapes & Size) Phone:9431113504
- Anjaneya Ispat Ltd.(Ingot & Minerals)
- Apex Auto Ltd.(Auto Parts.)
- Arus Metalcasting Pvt. Ltd.(Casting Foundry) Phone:9204851645
- Ashirbad Steel Ind. Ltd.(Sponge Iron) Phone:9334021015,9334003200,0657-238283
- Auto Profiles Ltd. Phone:9234603714,0657-2200345,0657-2201042
- Baba Shyam Steel Phone:9334099737,0657-2291134
- Baldehi Metal & Minerals (P) Ltd. Phone:9431764730,0657-2371425,0657-6457076
- Beekey Steel Industries Ltd.(Alloy Steel, Bars & Rounds) Phone:9334003003,0657-6575571
- Bharat Automobiles Pvt. Ltd.(Auto Body Duilding) Phone:9334315578
- Bharat Engg. & Body Building Co. Pvt. Ltd.(Auto Body Building) Phone:9934315578
- Bharat Rubber Regenerating Co. Ltd.(Rubber Regenerating)
- Jamshedpur Engg. Foundry Works. (Machining Of Auto Parts) Phone:9234610848
- Sundram Industries(Tyre Retreading)
- Tube Computech Pvt. Ltd.(Auto Tube & Sheet Metal)
Jamshedpur and the area around this industrial town is rich in mineral resources. Subarnarekha and Kharkai rivers along with their tributaries lend support to water requirements of the industries here. The roads and railways too are well developed and transfer of raw materials from other places and delivery of products to other cities is easy.
Some of the premier institutes such as National Institute of Technology (NIT:earlier known as Regional Institute of Technology), Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Shavak Nanavati Technical Institute (SNTI), National Metallurgical Labaratory (NML), Indo Danish Tool Room & Training Centre etc. render trained professionals who are assets to these industries. Most of the local youth are employed in these factories and are well versed with the language and culture of this area. There are several reasons of investment opportunities in Jamshedpur. The most important being:
“To reap a return in ten years, plant trees. To reap a return in 100, cultivate the people.”
-----Ho Chí Minh
NML has contributed in the field of technical services, consultancy and testing of metals, minerals, metallurgical wastes and pollutants. Indo Danish Tool Room is a project by Government of India established in collaboration with Government of Denmark providing total Tooling Solutions. SNTI is the technical training department of Tata Steel and contributes in producing local entrepreneurs. Other such institutes include TMDC (Tata Management Development Centre), MTC(Management Training Centre), Government Polytechnic and Women's Polytechnic situated in Adityapur area.TMDC is managed by Tata Steel while MTC is managed by Tata Motors.
East Singhbhum area has abundant deposits of Apatite, Asbestos, Bauxite, Chromite, Copper ore, Dolomite, Feldspar, Fireclay, Garnet, Gold, Granite, Iron ore, Graphite, Hematite, Magnetite, Manganese etc. Rich deposits of Mica, Nickel ore, Quartz (Silica Sand), Sillimanite, Titanium and Coal are found too. This can be one of the top reasons for investment in Jamshedpur.
The Government too has taken steps to promote sustainable industrial growth in Jharkhand state. Major boost has been given to manufacturing and optimum utilization of abundant mineral resources. Sericulture, handicrafts, khadi etc. also have encouraged to promote and preserve art and culture of Jharkhand. These industries save and conserve the environment.
In Jamshedpur too, emphasis is given to promote industries that will not cause pollution. These include IT industry, bio-technology and tourism etc. These are skill-based industries and also serve to employ local tribal youth who have been trained in institutes in and around the city. Many people from various regions have come and settled down in Jamshedpur owing to such industrial jobs and comfortable living conditions which include good health care, water, electricity and education. This can serve as prospects of investment in Jamshedpur
Horticulture, food processing and floriculture also have found encouragement. Advent of technology has witnessed increase in production. The industrial areas have been developed in PPP mode (Public-Private-Partnership), Single Window System introduced for time-bound clearance and ancillary units have been developed by major industries. Emphasis is given on small power generating units and development of non conventional sources of energy and giving assistance to small cottage and hand loom industries.
Proper goods handling facilities are available at Ranchi,Dhanbad, Bokaro,and Jamshedpur.Identifying and working for revival of sick units and provision of quality infrastructure such as water, electricity and roads etc. have made Jamshedpur a top player as far as investment opportunities are concerned.