TATA Group Companies in Jamshedpur
A significant number of industries in Jamshedpur belong to TATA Group. These include Tata Motors, Tinplate, TRF (Tata Robins Fraser), Agrico, Tata Yodogawa Ltd., Bharat Oxygen gases (BOC), Lafarge Cement etc. which are located in Adityapur Industrial area, on the outskirts of Jamshedpur, along with other small and medium scale industries. All these industries contribute a lot to the economy of Jamshedpur.
Tata's contribution in Jamshedpur's economy is immense and Tata industrial enterprises are spread across the city. Tata Cummins, TELCO, Tata Electric Companies, Tata Pigments, Tata Robins Fraser, Tata Refractories, Tata Ryerson, Tata Tinplate and Tata Tubes are some of the other Tata enterprises that are doing successful business in Jamshedpur. The city is also called ''Tatanagar'' also and the Railway Station is known as ''Tatanagar Junction''.
TATA Companies in Jamshedpur:
- Tata Power:A coal fired power plant in Jojobera, Jamshedpur.
- Lafarge Cement: Earlier known as Tata Cements. It is a cement plant located in Jojobera.
- Tinplate (TCIL): Tinplate or TCIL (The Tinplate company of India Limited) is a Tata Enterprise and produces tin coated and tin free steel sheets. The Tinplate Hospital established in 1940s is good hospital in Jamshedpur.
- Telcon: Telcon (TELCO Construction Equipment Co.Ltd) is a subsidiary company of Tata Motors, Hitachi Construction Machinery Co. Ltd,Japan.It manufactures hydraulic excavators in collaboration with HCM, Japan.
- Tata Robins Frazer or TRF: Deals with manufacture of a wide range of material handling equipment used in infrastructure industries the products are over a wide range like cranes, crushers, granulators, feeders, wagon loaders, tippers, conveyors, etc. A school Valley View School and TRF Nagar colony has been established for employees.
- Tata Ryerson: Now known as Tata Steel Processing and Distribution Ltd. (TSPDL), is a subsidiary company of Tata Steel.It produces hot- and cold-rolled coils, strips, plates, sheets, blanks and structural.
- Timken India: Timken India Limited (earlier Tata Timken Limited) was initially co-promoted by The Timken Company, USA (TIMKEN) and Tata Iron and Steel Company Limited (TATA STEEL). The company's plant is located in bara, Jamshedpur and manufactures antifriction bearings, components etc.
- Tata Bluescope: Located in Bara, Jamshedpur, it is a joint venture by Tata Steel and BlueScope Steel (Australia). Manufactures and markets products in coated steel.
- JAMIPOL: JAMIPOL (Jamshedpur Injection Powder),built under a joint venture and promoted by Tata Steel, SKW Stahl Metallurgie AG (Germany) and Tai Industries (Bhutan),is located in Burmamines. It produces and markets De-sulphurising compounds (DC) and offers De-sulphurisation products for steel industry.
- TGS: TGS (Tata Steel Growth Shop), located in Gamharia, is a division of Tata Steel Ltd and specializes in designing and manufacturing of steel plant equipment, diesel locomotive parts, hydro and thermal power plant equipment.
- TAYO: Tayo Rolls, located in Gamharia,was promoted in 1968 by Tata Steel in collaboration with Yodogawa Steel Works(Japan) and Nissho Iwai Corporation (since merged with Sojitz Corporation). It manufactures and cast and forged steel rolls.
- Tata Pigments: It is a subsidiary company of Tata Steel and manufactures synthetic iron oxide pigments, (synthetic red and yellow oxides of iron),dry cement paint, exterior emulsion paints, acrylic distempers and cement-based primers.
- Tata Tube Division: It was established in 1985, after the merger of the erstwhile Indian Tube Company with Tata Steel. The Division manufactures commercial and precision tubes at its two plants --- Standard Tubes Plant and Precision Tubes Plant.
- JUSCO: Jamshedpur Utilities and Service Company (JUSCO) is an urban infrastructure service provider. It was carved out of Tata Steel from its Town Services Division in 2004. It now has projects in Kolkata, Mysore, Haldia and Jamshedpur etc.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0